Monday, January 05, 2009

Lunch, and Good News

In my quest to be productive in my New Year, I have failed to mention what I did on the first day of 2009.


As I have mentioned on this blog a time or two, I enjoy lunch with a friend. For the record, I like having dinner, or coffee with a friend too. It's just that lunch is kind of fun, being right in the middle of the day and all. 

I have group of friends here in NC. We like to call ourselves NC Mama and the 5K's.  Since K3 and K5 live out of state and far away, it's rare to get a picture of us together.

But this year, we were all at the same place, at the same time, eating lunch and taking pictures.

From the left: K4 (that's me!), K3, NC Mama, K1, K2, and K5

K's 1,2 and 3, are all sister, and NC Mama is their real life mom. K5 and I were adopted along the way. She's our real life NC Mama.

Surprisingly, we were a bit subdued on this January 1st.  We were happy to be together, but I think we were all a bit on holiday-overload. We were all plum tired.

Also joining us was two good friends from church. Very much loved as a K, only there names start with V and L.  We like being the K's, but we are far from exclusive. These ladies would make you feel at home, had you been there.

We wanted a picture of us all together. So I set the camera on the top of the car and set the timer. I had no idea that the hood was taking up half the frame...but it turned out nice anyway!


You can't even tell that our teeth were chattering.  It was a cold day!

And now, good news!

In my last post I may, or may not have, blamed my children for the loss of a certain pair of scissors. 

Amazingly enough, while typing that post I was so focused that I didn't take note of the wobbly keyboard that wasn't helping my sad typing skills.

Later on that day, I lifted up the wireless key board to set it in my lap for ease, and lo and behold, there were my scissors - kind of shoved partly under the key board, and partly under the plethora of paper goods that live around my desk. How I missed seeing them while tearing this house apart, I have no idea. I'm just glad that what was lost, has now been found! 

Happy Monday

13 comments:

Tiffani said...

Oh how I love lunch and girlfriends!!

SOOO glad you found your scissors!! Isn't it crazy where stuff ends up???

Girl, you look so good in that pic with your hot mama black coat and big ol bag! :)

Michele said...

Good friends are wonderful. As far as girlfriends there's nothing like them! The pictures are great. I love the reflection in the hood picture. So happy for you you found your scissors. Stuff like that happens all the time in our household. Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the found scissors! All is right with the world I'm sure.

Your friendly lunch gathering makes me wish that my mother had named me Karcie at birth. Of course, living in NC would be helpful as well. That way I could lunch with the ladies. Sigh.

jen said...

Yay for found scissors! Yay!

Lindsay said...

oo that is great news on the scissors! What a wonderful group of ladies!

meh said...

Your story reminds me of something...

A Paraphrase of Luke 15:8-10: An artsy/crafty gal once had a perfectly sharpened pair of scissors. They were her delight! One sad day the scissors were no where to be found. She scurried and dashed around her house and yet they were still missing. When at last they were found, under her very nose it would seem, she blogged to her friends and said "rejoice with me--what was lost is now found." In the same way there is rejoicing in the presence of angels over one lost sinner who repents!

Tanya said...

LOL. I'm glad you found your scissors.

Charity said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad you ladies were able to spend your lunch together.

Deidre said...

Glad you found your scissors! That looks like such a fun day - any day out with friends is a fun day :)

The Buntens said...

Great photo! Glad you found the missing scissors!

Musings of a Housewife said...

How fun! I love to see pictures of girlfriends together.

Woman Interrupted said...

Any idea who might have put them there?

Rae said...

Yay for the found scissors!!!