Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Lots O' Nothin'

Please tell me salsa is a vegetable. Because I eat so much of this stuff it borders on obsessive. I ran out of my favorite salad dressing last night and seriously contemplated using salsa as dressing.

I have complained about Costco, but one of the main reasons I will not give up my card is the fresh, chunky, salsa they sell by the bucket. I love this stuff. Not in an "as much as I love my children" kind of love, but close.

Anyway, this salsa is always yummy, but every once in awhile I buy a bucket that is extraordinarily delicious. I don't know if it's more spices, yummier tomatoes or extra garlic, but whatever it is, it's awesome.

The normal criteria for lunchtime decisions are: Quick and Easy. This week I have added, Something I Can Pour Salsa On, to the list.

Yesterday I took a leftover chicken breast from dinner the night before, sliced it up and rolled it in a tortilla (Y'all know I love a good tortilla), with a scoop of salsa. Today is much the same only with black beans instead of chicken.

I was thinking about making taco's for dinner, to go with the salsa.

It's a sickness, I know.

This week seems to be moving at a snails pace, which considering the projects and laundry I have to fold is probably a good thing. But geesh! Is it only Wednesday?

Part of my problem with the week is that we are currently having a "Neighbor" issue. They have many dogs who like to jump on the fence and look mean and menacing when we go into our back yard. To add insult to injury, they bought a puppy a month ago and at 5:30 AM and 9:30 PM they put the puppy in the back yard for about 30 minutes so that the whole neighborhood can listen to it cry and whimper and howl, VERY loudly. Needless to say, we haven't needed an alarm clock lately, but i may invest in some ear plugs so I can fall asleep at night.

These people will NOT be neighborly in any way. I have tried for 6 months now to make eye contact or to talk to them when they are out side, but they won't look at me or even acknowledge me when I try to talk to them, so I am unsure how to delicately tell them that their puppy is driving us insane. Any suggestions?

All right-y, lunch is over so I will get back to work!

La Vida Dulce!

3 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

MMmmmmm... All that Mexican food sounds SO yum. Sorry your week is going by slowly. Every week seems to fly by here at my place, but often the days drag. MAkes no sense, does it?

meh said...

Your taunting of the northern half of the US is quite unkind!! We can't help it if we don't have good Mexican food but you don't have to rub it in! But I choose to forgive you cause I love you! Hey, I feel your neighbor-dog pain. We endured it for 2 years in TX before we moved to the country. (That was how we solved the issue--desperate times demand desperate measures) All I can say is, pray. If they won't even make eye contact with you, communicating your frustration may not bring about desired results. Perhaps a group of neighbors could together write a kind note of request and then it wouldn't all fall on your shoulders. Do you have an association in your neighborhood? Hope it works out!

June Cutoff Cash said...

You could always write an anonymous letter. I did and the barking stopped. I have always worried that they actually got rid of the dog, tho, and that made me feel guilty.

Actually, salsa does have tomatoes. I think it does count, I am not even kidding!