Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday Evening

It's late, but I wanted to share with you this evenings sunset. This is the amazing front row view we had tonight.

We are also anticipating our first "shared" meal in the new house. We are having Paw (my Dad) over in the morning for breakfast in celebration of Father's Day.

Tonight The Girl was very excited to get to "organize and decorate" the table for tomorrow's breakfast. She loves getting to set the table for special occasions. She practiced, with my help, setting the table this past Thanksgiving and Christmas. But this evening (with only a few little hints from me) she managed to set the entire table herself. And not only that, after she finished and took a step back to look at her work she decided it needed something more. So she looked critically and thoughtfully around my kitchen and saw the Hershey's Kisses I have sitting out and decided that each place setting needed a kiss.

Now, I have done many things incorrectly during my first decade of child rearing, and I know that I will most likely make mistakes in the future...but if my 7 year old can make the decision to decorate with chocolate, I must be doing something right!

La Vida Dulce!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt that girl is your daughter! I say, "Amen, and pass the chocolate." Except in my case less anyone think I am slipping, let's make that sugar free chocolate!

Love,
NC Mama

Kate said...

That is soooooo precious! Martha Stewart eat your heart out. Chocolate is the best touch to any fine evening!
God Bless.
~Kate